CIOB LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN SITE MANAGEMENT
This course is for construction professionals who want to be able to work as site managers. The course prepares you for managing more than one trade on a construction site. For the duration of your course you will become student member of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
CIOB membership will give you access to free seminar and events.
Once you have passed this course you will be able to undertake site management responsibilities and you will be able to take the test for the Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Black Card.
The qualification consists of 12 units:
- Project Planning for Construction – assessment set by CIOB
- Project Control and Monitoring for Construction
- Managing the Quality of Construction Works - assessment set by CIOB
- Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk in Construction Works – assessment set by CIOB
- Managing Dimensional Control in Construction Works – assessment set by CIOB
- Developing and Managing Self and Construction Works Personnel
- Managing Sustainable Construction
- Contractual and Legal Responsibilities within the Construction Environment
- Estimating and Measuring Work within a Construction Environment
- Managing Sub-Contractors within a Construction Environment
- Managing Mechanical and Electrical Services within a Construction Environment
- Managing Technology of Modern and Traditional Construction Works
This qualification is offered in a modular approach and can be accessed on a role-on roll-off basis at the beginning of each unit.
Candidates who have already achieved a CIOB L4 Certificate in Construction Site Management will only need to complete those units out of the 12 that they have not already done for the L4 Certificate.
Candidates who have already achieved a certificate for the CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) may be given exemption from the CIOB L4 H&S unit. Please note that the SMSTS certificate has to be valid for the entire duration needed for the student to complete the course.
Candidates wanting to apply for this course will have to have completed the CIOB L3 Diploma in Construction Site Supervisory Studies.
You will have to do one assignment per unit, 12 assignments in total in order to pass this course. Assignments are graded pass, merit and distinction.
The course is delivered in two evening sessions per week, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-9pm over 54 weeks
£2800 plus VAT for the 12 unit Diploma (54 weeks)
£1800 plus VAT for those who already have a CIOB L4 Certificate in Construction Site Management (36 weeks)
What is Included?
- Registration, Examination and Assessment Fees
- Course materials and tools
- PROCAT Pad and Pen
- Certification upon successful completion
CIOB Level 4 Diploma in Site Management
SMSTS Test and Black Card
Upon completion candidates can progress to a Higher National Diploma, a Foundation Degree or Degree courses. You may also consider to undergo assessment for CIOB Chartered Membership Qualifications (CMP).
To discuss your requirements, please call the training department on 01268 662440 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.