Steelfixing (7 days)
Steelfixing is a role that requires the positioning and securing of steel reinforcing bars and steel mesh used in reinforced concrete on construction projects.
This course will provide an in-depth application of steelfixing operations within the tunnelling and underground construction industry.
This course will cover:
- Introduction to small tools
- Abrasive wheels and manual handlling training and assessment (certificated)
- Introduction to measuring, levelling and setting out
- Levelling and setting out practical activities
- Introduction to steelfixing
- Steelfixing practical - Ties
- Steelfixing - Ground Beam
- Steelfixing practical - Ring Beam
- Steelfixing - Columns
- Steelfixing - Floor Slab
- The basic reading of drawings and schedules
- CSCS Training and CITB-ConstructionSkills Health, safety and environment test
These courses are open to those that are 18 years or over, unemployed, in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance (ESA) for less than 12 months and live in a London Borough.
All referrals to these courses must be made by phone (0344 994 4433) by a Jobcentre Plus Advisor. We are not able to accept any referrals from individual clients or other agencies.