General Construction (7 days)
General Construction provides a skill set that allows delegates to work on a construction site.
This course will provide an in-depth application of construction operations used within the tunnelling and underground construction industry.
This course will cover:
- Identification and safe use of small tools
- Accurate measuring, levelling and setting out
- Abrasive wheels and manual handling training and assessments (certificated)
- Steelfixing theory and practical including the basic reading of drawings and schedules
- Working with concrete theory and practical
- Formwork theory and practical
- CSCS Training and CITB-ConstructionSkills Health, safety and environment test
These courses are open to those that are 18 years or over, unemployed, in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance (ESA) for less than 12 months and live in a London Borough.
All referrals to these courses must be made by phone (0344 994 4433) by a Jobcentre Plus Advisor. We are not able to accept any referrals from individual clients or other agencies.