Building Services Engineering Technician
Building services engineering technicians help engineers design, plan and install electrical and mechanical systems within buildings. This could be brand new developments or improving existing ones.
Building Services Engineering Technicians are associated with the supervision of the installation’ commissioning or servicing of environmental technologies on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in office.
The main duties and tasks of a Building Services Engineering Technician are:
Supervision of the installation of environmental technologies into buildings
Assisting design teams with building services engineering solutions on construction projects
Supervision of specialist contractors
Control of health and safety on construction projects
Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
Minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
Control the quality of works on a construction project
Ensure compliance with contractual conditions on a project
The typical duration for this Apprenticeship is three years but this will depend upon the previous experience of the apprentice and access to opportunities to gain the full range of competence.
Location and study format:
The course will be held at PROCAT Basildon campus and studied on a day release basis.
GCSE english grade 4 (or c). Gcse maths grade 4 (or c).
This Apprenticeship standard is at Level 4.
The following qualification will be gained: A Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard and is approved by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers as meeting the educational requirements for EngTech LCIBSE.
For more information on how apprenticeship funding works for your organisation, click here.
PDF, 207KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
- About Us
- Employer Information
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Test and Card
- Health and Safety Awareness Course
- Health and Safety Awareness Course and CSCS Test
- PASMA – TOWERS WITH CANTILEVERS
- PASMA - TOWERS ON STAIRS
- PASMA – TOWERS FOR USERS
- CIOB LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN SITE SUPERVISORY STUDIES
- CIOB LEVEL 4 CERTIFICATE IN SITE MANAGEMENT
- CIOB LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN SITE MANAGEMENT
- Trailer Mounted Concrete Pump/Pressurised Systems
- Gantry Crane Operation
- Tunnelling Safety Training Scheme (TSTS)
- Tunnel Entry and Emergency Procedures
- City & Guilds 6073-30 Building Information Modelling (BIM) Awareness
- Supervising and Mentoring Apprentices
- CMI L5 Certificate in Management and Leadership – Project Management Focus
- CMI L5 Certificate in Management and Leadership
- CMI L5 Award in Management and Leadership
- CMI L3 Award in First-Line Management
- CMI L3 Award First-Line Management
- CMI L2 Award in Team Leading
- Electrical Awareness for Mechanical Engineers
- City & Guilds 2377-22 Level 3 Award in Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- City & Guilds 2394/395 Level 3 Awards Inspection Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations
- City & Guilds 2382-15 Level 3 Certificate in the Regulations Electrical Installations (17th Edition)
- Principles of Manual Handling
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid at Work
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- CCNSG Leading a Team Safely
- CCNSG Safety Passport Renewal