Supervising and Mentoring Apprentices
This two-day workshop is aimed at supervisors and team leaders working with apprentices. More and more companies are now taking on apprentices and for many organisations and their staff this requires a new approach with regards to integrating potentially young and inexperienced newcomers into the workplace.
The course supports supervisors and team leaders in planning the apprenticeship with the apprentice. They will have a chance to extend the range of skills and techniques they use to develop others, motivate people, manage for positive results and establish productive relationships.
Businesses will benefit from this course by their apprentices being more motivated and quickly making an active and positive contribution to the organisation. It will raise the level of managerial, coaching and mentoring skills of supervisors and team leaders in the business and improve work place communication.
At the end of the course, supervisors and team leaders will
- Know how to plan their apprentices’ work schedules
- Be able to express expectations and set standards
- Give constructive feedback and motivate apprentices to deliver high quality work
- Support their apprentices to pass their end-point-assessment and complete their apprenticeship on time
Amongst other topics the course covers:
- Supervising young and inexperienced workers
- Inductions and building relationships
- Expressing expectations and setting standards
- Giving constructive feedback and motivating people
- Knowing the qualification and how it works
- Planning your apprentices’ work schedule
- Reviewing work and learning progress
- Communicating with the training provider
- Managing difficult conversations and issues
- Providing extra support during end-point-assessment
This is an interactive workshop that expects candidates to undertake work in groups, through exercises and in discussions.
The course takes two days, from 9am to 5pm.
£170 plus VAT
What is Included?
The course fee covers the following:
- Registration, Examination and Assessment Fees
- Course materials
- PROCAT Pad and Pen
- Certification upon successful completion
- Lunch & Refreshments
Candidates will receive a PROCAT certificate of attendance.
You can gain accreditation for a CMI Team Leading or First-Line Management qualification by doing an assignment.
CMI Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading or CMI Level 3 Certificate in First-Line Management
To discuss your requirements, please call Urte Sonnenberg or another member of the team on 01268 662440 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.