PASMA – TOWERS FOR USERS
This 1-day course is for all those who will work with and around mobile towers.
The course will develop your understanding of how to safely assemble, dismantle, relocate and alter a mobile access tower when using 3T or Advance Guardrail (AGR) systems.
PASMA accreditation is the industry recognised standard for working safely with mobile towers and many sites require operatives to have this card.
- Legal duties
- Codes of Practice, guidance and information relating to lightweight access towers
- British and European standards
- Inspection and maintenance of tower components
- Function of components and limitations
- Practical assembly and dismantling exercise
- Stability and tying-in procedures
- Identification of hazards relating to tower scaffolds
A good understanding of spoken and written English as delegates must be able to read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
Delegates must provide their own PPE for the practical session. Required are:
- A hard hat
- Safety boots
High-viz vests and thin gloves will be supplied.
No formal qualifications or experience are necessary, but it would be beneficial if delegates had a basic understanding of working at height issues.
Your role must involve responsibility for assembling, dismantling, altering, moving and inspecting mobile access towers.
Since the assembly and use of mobile access towers can be physically demanding, users should be physically fit and in good health and should, generally, not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, fear of heights/vertigo, giddiness/difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
Closed book with a pass mark of 80% in both a multiple-choice theory test and subsequent practical assessment.
1 day, from 9am to 4pm
£150 plus VAT per person
A fee of £1600 plus VAT can cover up to 12 candidates
A grant may be available for eligible employers. £50 per day for training days only. Visit citb.co.uk/grant for further information.
What is Included?
- Registration, Examination and Assessment Fees
- Course materials and PASMA code of practise
- PROCAT Pad and Pen
- Certification upon successful completion
A PASMA Photo Card and Certificate with a five year validity period will be issued to successful delegates who complete the theory and practical sessions.
- PASMA Towers on Stairs
- PASMA Towers with Cantilevers
- CISRS Operative Training Scheme (COTS)
- CISRS Scaffolding Part 1
- CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS)
To discuss your requirements, please call the training department on 020-3197 5002 or e-mail email@example.com.