Gantry Crane Operation
Gantry Crane Operation
This 3-day course is for people who need to learn how to safely operate a gantry crane as well as for those who have experience in gantry crane operation but have not operated cranes in the last six months, or operatives required to undergo refresher training by their employer.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with understanding of the general hazards of working with gantry crane and systems / slinging signaller duties.
This course covers operators for CPCS Category A64a pendent operated controls.
Amongst other things the course covers:
- Regulation Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Regulations (PUWER) 98
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment
- Regulations (LOLER) 98
- Slinging theory – including safety code of practice
- PPE requirements
- Crane theory
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment
- Explanation of controls and instruments
- Daily checks
- Pre-operational checks
- Operational checks
- Risk assessment
- Defect finding on lifting accessories
- Calculating weights of loads
- Planning the lift
- Safe working loads limits
- The effect of shock loading on the structural strength of the gantry crane.
A good understanding of oral and written English.
You must have passed the ConstructionSkills Health and Safety test before attending this training.
Please note - delegates intending to take the CPCS Technical Tests for this category must have passed an Operatives Health and Safety test in the last 2 years, prior to sitting the CPCS tests.
Written theory test, which must be passed before taking Practical test
3 days, from 8.30am – 4.30pm, including CPCS Test
This course is delivered at the Tunnelling and Underground Construction Academy (TUCA) in Ilford, London.
£800 plus VAT per person for the 3 day course
£2800 plus VAT will cover you for up to 4 candidates for the 3 day course
What is Included?
- Registration, Examination and Assessment Fees
- Course materials and tools
- PROCAT Pad and Pen
- Certification upon successful completion
CPCS Endorsement: A64 – A – Remote/Pendent Operated Control
CPCS Red Card or Blue Card, if the candidate has completed their NVQ. A copy of the NVQ certificate is required before taking the CPCS test.
CPCS Slinging Signaller course, Crane Supervisor, Appointed Person course and other crane categories.
To discuss your requirements, please call the training department on 020-3197 5002 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.